SmartLipo™ FAQ in Philadelphia, PA
What is SmartLipo™?
SmartLipo™ revolutionized liposuction in 2006, providing a safer method than traditional liposuction procedures that could be done while you are awake and offer advanced skin tightening.
SmartLipo™ is a laser-based system that will liquefy fat cells including those cells that you cannot get rid of with traditional diet and exercise routines. At the Falcone Center, we have the most advanced laser liposuction device available today, the SmartLipo™ Triplex.
Dr. Falcone began performing SmartLipo™ in 2007 when it was first FDA approved. She was the first SmartLipo™ provider in Pennsylvania and has performed thousands of SmartLipo™ procedures.
SmartLipo™ was originally a single wavelength 1064 laser. Since 2006, it has advanced to a triple wavelength 46-watt laser with internal temperature monitoring for advanced safety, monitoring and skin tightening. Because Dr. Falcone is a liposuction specialist, she has made an investment of more than $500,000 in body contouring technology to bring her patients the most advanced treatments available.
SmartLipo™ can target fat deposits in many parts of the body such as:
- The thigh and calves
- The upper arms
- A man’s chest
- Bra line
During your consultation, you can discuss specific treatment areas and technologies to understand the options to achieve your goals.
What Laser Is Used?
The procedure uses a Nd:YAG laser. This FDA-approved laser uses a repetition rate of 40 hertz while a 1mm fiber helps administer energy.
What are the Benefits of SmartLipo™?
Some of the reasons why SmartLipo™ is so popular are:
- It’s minimally invasive – the microcannula is significantly smaller than a traditional one.
- The procedure is performed while you are awake. You don’t require recovery from general anesthesia and can go home and participate in light activity immediately.
- Short recovery time (you will typically spend one or two days recovering at home depending on the type of work you do).
- An amazingly efficient process (it targets more unwanted fat cells around specific spaces).
- Improves the body’s ability to produce collagen, thus improving the skin’s tone and flexibility.
- Minimal scarring (usually 3 to 4 mm in width)
- Far less bruising than traditional liposuction for most patients. 70% of patients have no bruising at all.
How Long Does It Take To Heal?
You will be able to return home an hour after the procedure is completed. You should be able to return to a light routine about two days after the procedure and strenuous activities in about two weeks. The recovery time is less than that of a traditional liposuction procedure.
SmartLipo™ has less risk for bruising when compared to traditional liposuction, as long as patients follow the pre-operative instructions. Less bruising means a faster recovery.
You will need to wear a compression garment on the treated area for typically two weeks after the procedure.
Do I Need General Anesthesia?
No. Local anesthesia is used instead of the general anesthesia or the IV sedation that is often used in traditional liposuction procedures.
How Long Does the Procedure Take?
A SmartLipo™ procedure takes about an hour per area of treatment.
Can This Work With Other Procedures?
SmartLipo™ may work in conjunction with other advanced liposuction technologies such as VASER® LipoSelection and Body-Jet Liposuction. Dr. Falcone will provide you with a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan to achieve your goals within your budget.